This information does not apply to institutional style flush-valve toilets.
Please note, there are several criteria that must be met to be eligible for a rebate. The age of your existing toilet is one of them. Find full rebate eligibility information here.
The toilet you are replacing qualifies for the rebate if it was manufactured before 2004
If you don’t know how old the toilet is, you can still determine if it qualifies for a rebate based on:
- the year when your home or building was built,
- the manufacture date stamp, or
- the toilet’s flush volume.
Follow the steps below to determine if your toilet qualifies:
步骤1: When was your house or building built?
- 2004 or later – Your toilet does not qualify because toilets installed in newer homes are already designed to save water.
- Before 2004 – Go to step 2
步骤2: Go to the toilet and look for the manufacture date, the flush volume, or both. See below for examples of where to find this information.
步骤3: Were you able to find the manufacture date of the toilet?
- Yes – If the date is before 2004, your toilet qualifies for a rebate. If the date is 2004 or later, it does not qualify for a rebate because newer toilets are designed to save water.
步骤4: Were you able to find the flush volume (also called gallons per flush or gpf)?
- No – If you are unable to find the flush volume or manufacture date, and your house or building was built before 2004, your toilet is likely older, and qualifies for a rebate.
- Yes – If the flush volume is 1.6 gpf or more, it qualifies (only when building age and manufacture date are unknown.) If the flush volume is 1.28 GPF或更少, it does not qualify for a rebate because your toilet is already considered to be one that saves water.
Examples of where to find information about your toilet
The manufacture date, 如果存在, is often stamped inside the tank on the back wall or on the bottom of the tank lid.
Bottom of the tank lid
冲水的体积 or gallons per flush (gpf) tells you how much water your toilet uses. Knowing the flush volume can help determine a toilet’s age because certain flush volumes were only manufactured during a specific time period.
冲水的体积, 如果存在, is often stamped behind the toilet seat on the toilet bowl, or inside the tank on the back wall.
Inside the toilet tank
Toilet rebate programs
Learn more about our toilet rebate programs.